What Personal Information About Customers Does the Gorham Sand & Gravel Website ("GSG") Gather?
The information GSG learns from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping and web site experience at GSG. Here are the types of information GSG gathers.
- Information Provided By You: GSG receives and stores any information you enter on GSG or give GSG in any other way. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features. GSG uses the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our web site, and communicating with you, the customer.
- Automatically Received/Retrieved Information: GSG receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with GSG. For example, like many Web sites, GSG uses "cookies," and GSG obtains certain types of information when your Web browser accesses GSG.
- E-mail: If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact GSG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information from Other Sources: GSG might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that GSG transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of GSG's coolest features, and GSG recommends that you leave them turned on.
Does GSG Share the Information It Receives From Me? If so, what information?
- Third-Party Service Providers: GSG may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on GSG's behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Such third-party providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- GSG works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, during credit card processing transactions.
- GSG reveals only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, GSG transmits the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
GSG may also display targeted advertising based on personal information about users. Although GSG does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users who like to race cars).
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information.
Are Children Allowed to Use GSG?
GSG does not sell products for purchase by children. GSG sells children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use GSG only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.