Good as Your Last Job
Gorham Sand & Gravel
What does it take to build a reputation? Two brothers committed to excellence.
Tom and Jim Shaw value their employees and inspire them to excellence. They understand this commitment to excellence is the key to their success. It's evident to Greg Patterson, owner of PATCO Construction; “The whole organization from the guy in the hole, to the guy running the shop…their commitment is what makes them different”.
Gorham Sand & Gravel's experienced employees give them the know-how to overcome the inevitable challenges each project brings. They create efficient solutions and bring the project in on time and on budget. Gorham Sand & Gravel does business on a handshake because nearly half of their work is repeat work and referrals.
It’s owners who value their independent contractors and pay them within days of their work.
Jim Roberts, a longtime employee, left the company for a short while but returned because, “If you have a good attitude and work hard and want to get it done, they make it worth your while”.
Gorham Sand & Gravel has grown from a handful of employees to over 50 and recently revenue topped $15 million. “We never dreamed we’d be this big, it’s all people…we’ve just got some unbelievable people”, said Jim Shaw shaking his head.
If you see the benefit of working with a company like ours give us a call at 839-2442 or email Mark Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Gorham Sand & Gravel's history at Read our Story.
- Valley View Subdivision Windham (11/21)
- Erosion Control Mix (08/26)
- Belfort and Commonwealth Road Sewer Separation Project in Portland, Maine (02/20)
- Cape Elizabeth, Maine (02/20)
- York Police Station York, Maine (02/20)
- Allagash Brewing facility in Portland, Maine (02/20)
- Civil Work for New Alfond Athletic Center at the UNE in Biddeford (06/07)
- Skvorak Dental (03/05)
- Shaker Pond Commons (03/05)
- Ocean Avenue School (03/05)
- Gorham Sand & Gravel is ready for spring (03/05)
- Fall Is A Great Time to Seed Lawns In Maine (08/17)
- Mud Season Solutions (04/16)